The automobile market has always been filled with aftermarket parts, ever since the car was invented people have been looking to invent new and unique ways to customize their car either for performance or cosmetic reasons. And one of the biggest markets for aftermarket parts is the off-road industry. They are always looking for bigger tires, more travel in their suspension, and other options that just make their off-road vehicle more functional and cooler looking. Here are some of the more common aftermarket upgrades for off-roaders.
- Suspension- The first mod many want to do is to add a lift kit to their off-road vehicle. While this is a great first step, there are so many high tech suspension upgrades that will help your vehicle not only get more , but also make your ride more comfortable and more capable. On top of that, it is cool to see big springs and shocks behind those big tires, which brings us to our next upgrade.
- Wheels/Tires- Not only do bigger tires look cool, but they also provide a lot of function in helping your vehicle navigate the tough conditions. You can give your wheel a powder coating to protect it as well as give your off-roader a customized look. And bigger tires allow your off-roader to look more like a monster truck dominating over every other car on the road or dirt.
- Off-Road Lights- Off-road lights are used just like normal headlights, except they are usually mounted on the roof or the grill of the off-roader. This gives them the extra light needed to see past all the dirt, mud, and dust that might get in your way. Because the last thing you want is to crash in the middle of nowhere.
- Air Intake Snorkels- This upgrade is mainly for people who go off-roading in the water where their vehicle usually goes a whole tire depth in water. And this isn’t good for the air intake to be sucking up water instead of air as it will lead to your engine dying. So mounting an air intake above the roof allows your engine to get the air it needs while traversing rivers or even small ponds.
- Winch- This is essential for off-roaders as if you get stuck, you will need something else to help you to get out. And sometimes another vehicle isn’t even able to help you That’s where the winch comes in as it allows you to pull your off-roader out even the most extreme conditions as long as it is attached to something secure like a big tree.
- Skid Plate- Finally, off-roaders need to protect vital components such as the oil pan, radiator, and drivetrain against all the rocks that might come out of nowhere when you are claiming up or down a hill.